Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where does the time go????

Where does the time go? How do children grow up so fast? How is it possible that I spend everyday with my children, yet it hits me all at once how grown up they are getting?

Take my oldest daughter, for example. She is 12 (will be 13 in October), and she wanted me to take her picture the other day so she could update her Facebook profile. I was looking at her (of course, I was taking her picture)...yet it didn't really hit me until I saw this...


Where did that come from? And where did my little girl go? When she starts talking about what she wants for her birthday or Christmas or anything, it is clothes, jewelry, or shoes. What happened to baby dolls, Barbies, and toys?


But the worst part is...it's not just her. Look at this...


Where in the world did my baby go? Let me tell you, right now at this very moment, this little "angel" (so not an angel) is driving me absolutely crazy. She is boy crazy and man, does she have an attitude. But I still love her...sometimes;-)


You see, it might be okay if the girls were the only ones who were doing this, but they aren't. Kenny insists on growing up too. Take a look for yourself...

This picture is pre-haircut. Thank God he actually let me cut that hair off. And when I say off...I mean off. Almost bald, off. He is looking more and more like his father everyday. And he is almost as tall as Tamara now, and he is actually starting to put on a little weight. Although it is only 1/2 lb here and 1/2 lb there, but hey at least he isn't losing weight.

So can anyone answer my question...WHERE DID MY SWEET LITTLE BABIES GO??? I want them back...I don't like teenagers...teenagers are moody...teenagers think they know everything...teenagers want boyfriends or girlfriends....teenagers are embarrassed to be seen with their Mommy...teenagers don't have Mommys, they have Moms or Mamas...NO! NO! NO! I want this to stop..does anyone know how to make that happen?



2 comments:

Mama said...

They will always be my sweet little babies, Yeah Mechelle go girl give Mama he**. I love ya'll. Mama

Charity said...

I know, Jamie, I feel the same way!! I like that picture of Tamara. And Mechelle looks tan! I want to see pictures of Kenny's haircut! Glad to see you blogging again! :-) And maybe you and Tamara will have to plan a mother/daughter trip out here so she can see her "buddy"...